Nail art is always changing and having so many different ideas. Often styles will depend on what kind of occasion you are attending or what time of the year it is. Glitter nails are usually one of the trends this time of year. Most people go out and get their nails done at a salon most of the year. This is why I will show you how to do your nails at the comfort of your home. Glitter nails are really easy to do and it doesn’t take much of your time. It will take you ten easy steps.
Many of you own premade glitter nail polishes. I love these two new collections that recently came out. Both of them are from SEPHORA. One is by Nails Inc from the Christmas Crackers Collection. It only costs $38 for 6 nail polishes. The second one is by Formula X for SEPHORA from the X Look Collection . This collection only costs $22.50 and it comes with 4 nail polishes. Even though I love these nail sets I decided to try and do my own glitter nails. This idea that I had came at a really low cost.
Lets get started shall we? Here is what you’ll need:
- Glitter – You can buy this glitter at hobby lobby or sally’s.
- Clear nail polish – Make sure it is one that you do not mind getting glitter in.
- Spoon – You will use it to apply your glitter.
- Q-Tip – Remove all the excess glitter around the nail.
- Water – Wet the Q-tip to attract the glitter.
- Brush – After every glitter coat you will pass your brush to make sure that the loose glitter comes of.
Follow these steps and you will be done in no time.
- Apply your clear coat all over the nail where you want the glitter.
- Using your spoon apply glitter on your nails.
- Let your nails dry for about five minutes.
- Apply another coat of clear nail polish to make the glitter stay.
- Grab your spoon one more time and apply more glitter.
- After you have waited for it to dry for at least five minutes use your brush and brush your nails to remove any loose glitter that might still appear there.
- Now apply one more clear coat and let your nails dry.
- When you feel that your nails are dry grab a Q-Tip and wet it with water.
- Now go around the nail where there appears to be loose glitter so that the Q-Tip can attract the loose glitter.
- Now you are all set.
Doing glitter nails with a premade glitter nail polish is easier than doing your own glitter nails for some. I really like having both ways at my disposal for when I want to relax and treat myself. Doing glitter nails is not that expensive. You can find glitter at any store. The glitter I used in this tutorial only cost me $2.99 and I used one of my old clear nail OPI polishes. Anyone can get this look with little effort and in no time. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and we will see you next time.Tags: Look Collection, OPI, SEPHORA, Tip Remove, Water Wet